[gin-data] On SRB interoperability with gLite

Reagan Moore moore at sdsc.edu
Sun May 20 14:05:51 CDT 2007

Jens:
The SRB supports third party transfer, bulk transfer, parallel I/O,
and registration.  There are several ways to support data movement
between two sites:

1) Register the data that is in SRM A into a SRB collection.  Then
issue a SRB replicate command to make a copy using third party
transfer on storage system B.

2) For SRM version 1, a SRB driver exists that supports issues SRM commands.

3) The SRB support both a GridFTP drive, enabling access to a remote
storage system through GridFTP, and a GridFTP client that can access
files in any SRB collection.

The new technology we are developing is called iRODS.  This is a
rule-based data management system that automates the application of
management policies.  The iRODS system uses rules to control the
execution of remote micro-services.  If there is sufficient interest,
a micro-service could be created that talks to the SE.

Reagan Moore