[gin-data] GIN documentation process: First GIN-INFO draft (v.1.00) available

Morris Riedel m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Tue Mar 13 02:23:55 CST 2007

Dear GIN team,

  I have compiled a first draft of the experience document in the area of
GIN-INFO that is available from:

http://indico.cern.ch/materialDisplay.py?sessionId=4
<http://indico.cern.ch/materialDisplay.py?sessionId=4&amp;materialId=0&amp;c
onfId=12489> &amp;materialId=0&amp;confId=12489

This document is not ready yet - I'm currently waiting for feedback,
especially from people of GIN-INFO (I got Laurence comments already).

This document will be discussed in my session tomorrow - so have a look at
the document if possible to provide feedback.

Furthermore, I started a similar document for GIN-JOBS already, while Dane
Skow plans to do the same for GIN-AUTH. An early draft of GIN-JOBS will be
presented tomorrow as well.

Early drafts of GIN-DATA and GIN-OPS will be next after GIN-JOBS.

So, people that would like to contribute to these documents should send me
the following:

(1)

name

(2)

affiliation

(3)

three sentences what you did in GIN

(4)

documents to which you would like to contribute

Finally, some of the OGSA-WG members have already stated interest in the
GIN-INFO experience document - so let us get this ready as soon as possible.

More details tomorrow during the session.

CU at GIN at CERN,

Morris Riedel

OMII - Europe

Leader interoperability/interoperation task

----
Morris Riedel

SW - Engineer

Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division
Central Institute of Applied Mathematics
Research Centre Juelich

Wilhelm-Johnen-Str. 1
D - 52425 Juelich

Germany

Email:   <mailto:m.riedel at fz-juelich.de> m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Info:  <http://www.fz-juelich.de/zam/ZAMPeople/riedel>
http://www.fz-juelich.de/zam/ZAMPeople/riedel

Phone: +49 2461 61 - 3651
Fax: +49 2461 61 - 6656

Skype: MorrisRiedel

'We work to improve ourselves and the rest of mankind.'