[gin-data] Draft GIN Paper for e-Science 2007

Morris Riedel m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Sat Jul 14 06:07:36 CDT 2007

Dear GIN team,

  at OGF20 in Manchester we agreed of having a joint paper at the e-Science
2007.

(1)
So, according to the plan with the timeline, enclosed you find a first draft
for the paper, basically re-using material from the experience documents.

The initial deadline is tomorrow and I will work on the paper until tomorrow
to get it in an reasonable status. Then I will submit the first draft.

However, the conference allows us during the next week to refine the paper
according to comments from us all. So the hard deadline would be 22. July.

Note that the authorships on the first page are rather randomly put on the
paper. If there are people missing, please don't hesitate to contact me so
that I put them on the list.

It turns out to be a major challenge to have a good authorlist with this
latex-style. I still think about how we manage to get all the names with
affiliations on the paper... maybe we just say GIN-CG?! Let's see.

Furthermore, it would be helpful if people can send me there official
affiliation for the paper before I have to google them. Thanks.

(2)
The enclosed paper is intended to be submitted directly to the e-Science
conference even if there is a dedicated workshop for our topic:

http://omii-europe.org/OMII-Europe/igiiw2007.html

International Grid Interoperability and Interoperation Workshop (IGIIW),
where many members of GIN are also in the PC. Therefore, I think it's not a
good style of submitting our paper to our own workshop! Hence, we should
send it to the main track of the conference. I think this reflects the
interests of the group right?!

However, if there are groups working within GIN that have a reasonable paper
for IGIIW that covers only parts of the whole GIN activity and in more
detail, I think the workshop is still a good option. There are also some
reviewers that are not part of GIN available.

(3)
Of course, I'm happy about all comments and suggestions - but keep in mind
that there is still the whole next week to tune the paper.

I send the next draft around soon.

Your secretary,
Morris

Morris Riedel
SW - Engineer
Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division
Central Institute of Applied Mathematics
Forschungszentrum Juelich
Wilhelm-Johnen-Str. 1
D - 52425 Juelich
Germany

Email: m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Info: http://www.fz-juelich.de/zam/ZAMPeople/riedel

Phone: +49 2461 61 - 3651
Fax: +49 2461 61 - 6656

Skype: MorrisRiedel

'We work to improve ourselves and the rest of mankind'

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender)