[gin-data] GIN at OGF19 and survey

Erwin Laure Erwin.Laure at cern.ch
Tue Jan 9 04:53:15 CST 2007

Dear GINers,

GIN has just celebrated its 'first' birthday at SuperComputing 06 and is
now an active Community Group in the Open Grid Forum. In fact, we
started our OGF activity a year ago at GGF 16 in Athens.

At OGF19 we have scheduled two GIN sessions (see
http://www.ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/?event_id=6)

The first session
(http://www.ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?id=491) on Monday,
January 29, 9:00-10:30 will be chaired by Steven Newhouse and will
discuss the experiences of GIN with the HPC profile.

The second session
(http://www.ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?id=492) on Monday,
January 29, 11:00-12:30 we would like to use review our current
activities and plan for the future. In preparation for that we are
soliciting feedback from the GIN community.

We've put together a little questionnaire that is aimed at providing
first input for this planning session. Your input is essential for that
so please try to complete the questionnaire you can find at
http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB225ZJ76L395 by January 20.

Many thanks for your effort!

Looking forward to seeing you in Chapel Hill!

Best regards,

-- Erwin