[gin-data] GIN @ OGF20

Erwin Laure Erwin.Laure at cern.ch
Tue Apr 24 02:45:09 CDT 2007

Dear all,

This is to invite you to the two GIN sessions we are going to have at
OGF20 (http://www.ogf.org/OGF20/events_ogf20.php).

The first session on Tuesday (10:30-12:00) will focus on the experience
documents of the different sub-activities of GIN. These include efforts
done for the Supercomputing 2006 demos that have to be written down to
provide feedback from production Grids to the overall Grid community. In
particular, these documents will emphasize why a standardization
organization like OGF is needed to push standards and thus enable more
interoperable applications in emerging cross-Grid scenarios. Therefore,
we invite all people that were/are directly/indirectly involved in the
GIN sub-activities to come to this session in order to contribute to our
documentation processes. Finally, this session will gives an outlook via
the new charter of how the GIN work will be continued.

The second session on Wednesday (1:30-3:00) will focus on updates from
bilateral work and on the future focus topics (see the list from the F2F
meeting at
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.gin/wiki/F2f20070314).
For this session, please let us know if you have any updates
on bilateral work you want to report. Also, please have a look at the
access pages we are maintaining
(http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.gin/wiki/GridContactPoints)
and update them as necessary.

Please use the list to start preparatory discussions for the meeting.

Best regards,

-- Erwin, Dane, Thomas, and Morris