[gin-data] GGF next week

Erwin Laure Erwin.Laure at cern.ch
Fri May 5 09:18:17 CDT 2006

Hi,

During GGF next week we will have our GIN session on Thursday afternoon.
See http://www.ggf.org/gf/event_schedule/ and
http://www.ggf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?id=257

We will have two reports on the progress, issues, and lessons learned
from the SRB and SRM islands we've agreed on in Athens and hopefully
also some discussion on gridFTP interoperability based on the material
Gregor kindly provided.

We will also have some discussions on future work and there I'd
particularly like to agree on the next steps up to GGF18 and finally
SC06 where we should be able to demonstrate real application data
sharing. The key questions to be discussed include:
- will we be able to bridge the two islands?
- will we be able to integrate data mgmt with other activities, in
particular job submission?
- what's the "hello world" equivalent for data mgmt
- what will be the pilot applications?
- ...

Looking forward to seeing you in Tokyo!

Cheers,