[gin-auth] Debugging Globus SSL (Was: Re: start Savannah run)

Mike 'Mike' Jones mike.jones at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Feb 5 05:00:47 CST 2007

Hi Folks,

For debugging Globus SSL errors I have always found that
the globus-url-copy client tool provides the most useful output:

globus-url-copy -vb -dbg \
    gsiftp://tg-gridftp.uc.teragrid.org:2811/etc/hosts \
    file:///tmp/null

In this case gram and gsiftp are on different servers but, if the machines
are administered similarly then there should be some useful info to be
gleaned.

By the way, mapping all users to one account is a serious security flaw.
Just to illustrate, don't do this:

$ globus-job-run tg-grid1.uc.teragrid.org:2120 \
              -stderr /dev/null \
              /usr/bin/find .globus/.gass_cache \
              -type f \
              -mtime +1 \
              -name data \
              -exec openssl x509 -in '{}' -noout -subject -dates \;

Rgds,
Mike