[gin-auth] FW: start Savannah run

Oscar Koeroo okoeroo at nikhef.nl
Wed Nov 29 02:32:38 CST 2006

Hi Terrence and Cindy,

Getting new users up for registration on the GIN VO is easy. To be able
to access the secured website and for authentication reasons during the
registration process new users must have their certificate loaded and
ready in their webbrowser. The VOMS server is loaded with all IGTF
accredited CAs including the Fermilab kCA.

Go to the website: https://kuiken.nikhef.nl:8443/voms/gin.ggf.org/ and
apply for a "New user registration".

The usual VOMS configuration info is also available. I don't know what
you'll need to populate a GUMS server. This VOMS server is as any other
so I guess you can use your regular setup.
In addition to the secured interface I've also made available a
non-secured way of grabbing a grid-mapfile.
http://kuiken.nikhef.nl/gin.ggf.org/grid-mapfile
There is also an RSS-feed pointing to the grid-mapfile and the secured
interface at http://kuiken.nikhef.nl/gin.ggf.org/feed-gin.ggf.org.xml

Unfortunately I'm not aware of a clear guide. I do know a guide for
creating the packed certificate files that go into your browser if you
start from a two PEM formated files (certificate file + private key
file) that's at http://certificate.nikhef.nl/info/browser
Once a user has passed that stage, the registration for the VO is as
trivial as any web-forum account registration.

    Oscar