[gin-auth] Multiple VO membership (Some ramblings and 1 question).

Oscar Koeroo okoeroo at nikhef.nl
Wed May 3 07:44:10 CDT 2006

Hi David,

There are some solution already in production status.

David Bannon wrote:

>Dane, we've been looking at that but have decided, at least for now, the
>end to end use is just not ready. So we'd dependant on gridmap files and
>they really are a very, very blunt weapon!
>
>The issues :
>
>1. Gridmap files don't allow a user to be in several VOs and chose at
>launch time.
>
>2. VOMRS allows users to put themselves into any group/role they wish.
>Indications are that this will be fixed in a July release.

There is also VOMS Admin software, where only the VO-Admin can set the
groups/roles according to its own desire and for the GIN VO there is no
use of VOMRS only the VOMS Admin.

>3. Nothing seems to adequately interpret VOMS attributes at the glous
>level.

We have, the VOMS-api-c stuff, the c++ libs, there is Bouncycastle where
the Java version for VOMS extraction is, there is the Globus VOMS PDP.

For implementation: one can look at LCAS (pure authZ) and its VOMS
module and how that works for example, and for DN+VOMS to uid/gid(s)
translation there is LCMAPS and GUMS and probably some more...

Maybe I didn't understand the context.

cheers,

    Oscar