[gin-auth] Multiple VO membership (Some ramblings and 1 question).

Dane Skow skow at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 3 03:36:12 CDT 2006

Probably would be a good practice for GIN resources to add the GIN VO
entries last into their gridmapfiles so the GIN account mapping is
not used for folks who have access through other VOs. This is
consistent with the idea that the GIN VO is a bootstrapping VO and
folks should be moving to use "real" VOs first.

I agree, the path out of this is to move to using the authorization
information (eg. the VOMS extensions) to do the account mapping. How
many grids are using that extended mapping today ? on resources they
intend to make available across grids ?

I'd be very interested in operations experience of anyone who's gone
the full way to REQUIRING VOMS extensions so that they could do the
account mapping directly without having to have a gridmapfile preloaded.
Is anyone running that way now ? planning on it soon ? Would sure
simplify maintenance and would seem reasonable for cross-grid
resources in my view (though it may be too complex for the users just
yet).

Dane