[gin-auth] The new VOMS Server for GIN is active from now

Vincenzo Ciaschini vincenzo.ciaschini at cnaf.infn.it
Mon Mar 13 03:04:27 CST 2006

Cindy Zheng wrote:

> Ooops, sorry, Vincenzo. I just realized that I forgot to
> append the error message. Here it is:
>
> [zhengc at rocks-52 ~]$ voms-proxy-init --debug --voms GIN-GGF-ORG
> Detected Globus version: 22
> Unspecified proxy version, settling on Globus version: 2
> Number of bits in key :512
> Using configuration file /opt/glite/etc/vomses
> Using configuration file /opt/glite/etc/vomses
> voms-proxy-init: vomsclient.cc:1406: bool Client::pcdInit(): Assertion
> `stat("/data/valerio/.globus/usercert.pem", &stats) == 0' failed.
> Aborted

Actually, this meand that there is something strange with your
environment, since I just recompiled VOMS 1.6.20 and didn't have any
such problems.  Maybe you have your HOME variable erroneously set to
"/data/valerio"?

This is especially strange, since line 1046 in vomsclient.cc is just an
output command, and so simply cannot fail an assertion.  The whole
routine did not actually call assert() at all, and if it were used by
one of the called functions, then that function name should appear.

Can you send me the complete (unmodified) copy of vomsclient.cc that is
causing you problems?

Bye,
    Vincenzo