[gin-auth] Re: Create a VO for MultiGrid team ?

Dane Skow skow at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 2 10:41:59 CST 2006

Thanks for the ping Erwin. I'm sorry for the slow response. Yes, I
think we should take you up on the offer. I've done a quick survey of
those who mentioned interest in running a VOMS and the other options
would have greater startup delays and effort. I like the "GIN" name.
Oscar can you let us know when this is setup and how to register
people's certificates ? Once we have this ready, we should announce
it to the full GIN at ggf.org list since the other groups will likely
want to start registering too.

To be clear, we want both VOMS functions (right?):  to be able to
generate a list of DNs (for constructing a gridmapfile snippet) and
the ability to generate VOMS authorization attributes so people can
use whichever
combination they need to get started. I think we'll likely have a mix
of gridmapfiles and authorization service calls for a while yet.

Dane