[gin-auth] VOMS Server for gin.ggf.org is up again

Oscar Koeroo okoeroo at nikhef.nl
Sat Jun 10 14:56:53 CDT 2006

Hi all,

Murphy's Law is always true... three weeks of holiday and in the
beginning of it the Tomcat environment got shot and played dead for real.

Despite the remote and local efforts (thank you all for the help) the
machines only stayed online to get an old grid-mapfile without the
secured interface through the httpd (possible this also failed), the
vomsd also kept on working (afaik) without that much troubles and the
machine said PING when requested.

I've updated java, I've deinstalled the repackaged Tomcat environment by
us (EGEE) and installed a plain and simple version from Apache. I needed
to perform some configuration things and the VOMS Admin got online again
in the new Tomcat env. Which means... registration is open again and
everybody can get a grid-mapfile through the secured interface.

BTW: Prior to all these troubles (two weeks ago) the local sysadmins has
updated the CAs list with the newest IGTF CA files. Afaik the new
NorduGrid CA should work properly now with the VOMS Admin.

I'm sorry and appologise if this caused too much troubles within our
team, I'll never go on vacation again... ;-)

cheers,

    Oscar "your 'gin.ggf.org' VOMS Admin again" Koeroo