[gin-auth] Re: [mgi-auth] FYI: VO naming

Dane Skow skow at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 24 08:48:35 CST 2006

It's not the first time a .grid TLD idea has come up. I don't know
what is involved in creating one. I'm sure it's not trivial, but none
of the country codes or .org/.com/.biz really fit.

As of 2 minutes ago, I now own the grid.name domain so we might use
that one. It doesn't have well established connotations (though I
believe the intendition is for it to be used for individuals' names).
It has a nice naming ring. Something to consider.

I fully agree that "good enough" beats "better but not quite
available/robust" !

(Note, I changed the mailing list over to the new gin-auth one. Let's
stop using mgi.)

Dane