[gin-auth] Multiple VO membership (Some ramblings and 1 question).

Von Welch vwelch at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu May 4 06:23:19 CDT 2006

Couple comments on this topic.

With regards to GridShib work, there are enhancements available today
for GT 4.0.x at http://gridshib.globus.org that allow for Shibboleth
(i.e. SAML) Attribute based authorization and account mapping (which
work without requiring a grid-mapfile). These will be included out-of-
the-box in GT 4.1/4.2. I'm happy to answer any questions.

And these is VOMS support for GT4 as well, others who know more than
I have already commented.

With regards to a user choosing a VO when they have membership in
several, the accepted solution to this problem seems to be to use
"push" mode for attributes (or some designation of VO membership).
The idea being the user indicates their VO/Organization by which VOMS
server or Shibboleth Idp they choose to contact (and hence which
attributes they present to the relying party).

Von