[gin-auth] [Fwd: gsi proxy compatibility test]

Olle Mulmo mulmo at pdc.kth.se
Thu Mar 16 04:42:17 CST 2006

On Mar 16, 2006, at 11:01, Erwin Laure wrote:
> Hi Olle,
>
> OK - that would be the way forward. But what do we do for now where
> most Grids are not RFC compliant?

In order for us to achieve interoperation, people will have to do
modifications to their code base. Given that we have to do this work
anyhow, why not aim for the "ultimate" goal from the start? It's not
that far away, nor is it overly ambitious I think. As I said
previously, for most people updating a few of the Globus libraries
will do the trick.

Let me point out that I understand that a successful demo at SC is
GIN's overall top priority. This means that we may come a point where
we have to resort to using old legacy-style proxies instead, as that
is the only common denominator today (disclaimer: I don't know what
proxy cert version(s) Unicore supports).

I would regard that as a backup plan rather than a starting ground,
though.

> Would it be useful to have such a compatibility test Alex is
> proposing? Does something like that exist?

Such an investigation probably wouldn't hurt.

/Olle