[gin-auth] The VO Groups and Roles for GIN-GGF-ORG

Dane Skow skow at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 7 21:32:32 CST 2006

I would agree that we should not push on roles for this first wave.
It would be a good discussion to carry forward after the first push
to see if we can agree on a few basic roles before the SC06 timeframe
(but after GGF17 timeframe).

I don't know that we should be particularly reluctant to create
groups though.
I think it might be a good idea to create groups for the different
focus groups (info,data,auth,jobs) to provide that option of
discrimination as well as some basic "practice", but that might
complicate the administration (estimates on what the overhead would
be ?)  I can't think of an immediate need off-hand (but then I didn't
immediately grok the need for a VOMS like others did ;-)

Dane