[gin-auth] The new VOMS Server for GIN is active from now

Oscar Koeroo okoeroo at nikhef.nl
Sat Mar 4 18:24:50 CST 2006

Hi Cindy,

You didn't do anything wrong. The VOMS Admin doesn't allow
unauthenticatable access to the service. I think you've used a
certificate signed by the SDSC CA. That CA is not (correct me if I'm
very wrong) within the IGTF accredited CAs and thus it was not supported

To comfort you and others using the SDSC CA, I've manually added the
trust in that CA on the VOMS services.

I hope this additional CA to the service is exceptional. Personally I do
advise to only use CA certificates within the accreditation of the IGTF
to ease such problems around the world. But, I guess that this could be
hard to achieved within a few days if you don't have the 'right'
certificates yet.

You don't need to import the VOMS host cert. You should install the
NIKHEF CA file into your preferred browser (to kill the warning/error
and) to mutually trust the connection.
This page might be helpfull: http://marianne.in2p3.fr/ca/ca-table-ca.html

Cheers,

    Oscar