[gin-auth] Email address confirmation for VO gin.ggf.org (fwd)

Oscar Koeroo okoeroo at nikhef.nl
Wed Aug 2 02:39:42 CDT 2006

Hi Raj,

I never contact new users halfway their registration. I think you've
misread or misinterpreted the email or something else is wrong on the
serverside.

Did you do the following thing?
<quote>

If the request was made by you, please click on the following URL to
confirm this email address,

	https://kuiken.nikhef.nl:8443/voms/gin.ggf.org/webui/request/user/confirm?cookie=ta7zehcij380dnfb&reqid=33

Make sure you have your client certificate loaded in your browser.
One way to ensure this is to copy and paste the above URL into the
same browser that you used to submit the request.

</quote>

After this confirmation I will be emailed by the VOMS server that you
have gone through the registration proces. I can now Accept or Deny your
entry to the gin.ggf.org VO based on some magic searches on the wires.

The grid-mapfile at location
"http://kuiken.nikhef.nl/gin.ggf.org/grid-mapfile" is updated every 6
hours using edg-mkgridmap. The real location is secured at the following
location
"https://kuiken.nikhef.nl:8443/voms/gin.ggf.org/services/VOMSCompatibility?method=getGridmapUsers&container=%2Fgin.ggf.org"
with read pivilegdes for he/she who can present a certificate within the
realm of the IGTF-v1.7. This secured interface is used to create the
unsecured file in the plain HTTP webserver space.

The plain unsecured HTTP hosted grid-mapfile is there for convenience
reasons only until everybody is able to use the secured interface. Some
VO wish not to expose their members list in public. I can create a new
crontab that will be executed every hour but it would solve the initial
problem.

I hope to have clarified the proces a little. If there are more troubles
with the registration proces then you can always email me.

cheers,

    Oscar 'The VO-Admin' Koeroo