[GHPN-WG] Draft on Grid Optical User Network Interface (G.OUNI)!

Zervas, Georgios gzerva at essex.ac.uk
Tue Feb 6 11:27:50 CST 2007

Dear GHPN-RG members,

I am glad to inform you that a new draft - Grid Optical User Network
Interface (G.OUNI) has been initiated.

A presentation was given in GHPN meeting during OGF19.

The draft currently represents an abstracted and initial view on
requirements, capabilities and functionalities of G.OUNI based on some
specific Use Cases driven by Phosphorus project.

However, envision of that draft is to provide a generic architecture of
G.OUNI with requirements and functionalities that will be able to serve
any possible types of Grid users/applications/service provisioning
systems in a scalable and flexible manner.

For this to occur I invite you all to bring your ideas and thoughts on
that draft via this mailing list so we can have an open debate in order
to form a strong draft in the best possible manner.

The structure of the draft, level of technicality, and approaches even
the name (e.g. GUNI as proposed by Pascale Vicat-Blanc Primet) are open
for discussion.

We though strongly believe that we should start from existing
standardized drafts both from networking forums such as OIF as well as
grid forums as OGF and try to comply as much as possible.

Attached you find the first draft on G.OUNI as well as the presentation
given in GHPN meeting.

I have also uploaded all presentations given in last GHPN meeting on
GHPN-RG Gridforge.

I am looking forward to hear your fruitful ideas as well as your
invaluable contributions.

Best Regards,

George

----

 Georgios Zervas MIET,MIEEE

 Senior Research Officer

 Photonic Network Research Lab

 Department of Electronic Systems Engineering

 University of Essex,

 Colchester, CO4 3SQ UK

 Tel: +44 (0) 1206 874233

 http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~gzerva