[GHPN-WG] [ghpn-wg] GHPN Agenda at GGF18

Simeonidou, Dimitra dsimeo at essex.ac.uk
Mon Sep 4 16:35:46 CDT 2006

In DC, the GHPN-RG will use two sessions:

The first session focuses on recent developments that directly related
to GHPN drafts. The last ~30 minutes of the first session are reserved
for short presentations on efforts with GHPN relevance and within GHPN
scope: e.g., new initiatives, draft proposals, ideas for new RG/WGs,
specific Grid network services. If you wish to present, please send an
abstract of your material to the chair and/or this list.

The second session will be a link meeting between GHPN and the GLIF
meeting in Tokyo

===

Grid High Performance Networking Research Group (GHPN-RG)

Chair: Dimitra Simeonidou

Session I (Monday, Sept 11th, 10:30-12:00, 144C) and Session II (Monday,
Sept. 11th, 19:00-20:30, 159A-B).

Session I Agenda

  1.  Agenda bashing and administration [5']

2.  GHPN overview: Progress against milestones [10']

3.  Final status report of the "Grid Network Use Case" draft [10']

4.        Update on Grid Optical Burst Switched Networks [20']

5.        Proposal for liaison between GHPN and GLIF [10']

6.        Announcement and updates of relevant upcoming events [5']

7.        Short presentations: TBD [30']

Session II Agenda

We are trying to build a closer relationship with the GLIF Control Plane
Working Group lead by Gigi Karmous-Edwards. The two groups seem to
complement one another so we would like to have a joint session over a
conference bridge on Monday evening 7:00 pm (morning 8:30 am Tokyo time,
when the GLIF is in session) where we can introduce the idea of having a
common document that both communities can contribute to. If there is
agreement to this, then we will establish formal liaisons between the
two groups. We also plan on having a BOF at SC06:

http://sc06.supercomputing.org/schedule/event_detail.php?evid=5184. Your
participation and comments on this will be very much appreciated.

Dimitra