[ghpn-wg] GGF14 Agenda

Franco Travostino franco.travostino at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 21:34:08 CDT 2005

Grid High Performance Networking Research Group (GHPN-RG)
Session I (7:30-9:00am on June 30th, Michigan) and Session II (9:00-10:30am
on June 30th, Michigan).

The GGF Organizers have given us two back-to-back slots. As such, we have 3
hours straight that we can mold to our collective liking. Hereafter a
strawman Agenda.

Agenda

  1.       Agenda Bashing and Administrivia                 [5']

  2.       GHPN overview. News and progress against milestones [20']

  3.       Grid Optical Burst Switched Networks           [30']
A new GHPN Draft exploring some unique Grid+OBS features and opportunities
https://forge.gridforum.org/docman2/ViewProperties.php?group_id=53&category_id=750&document_content_id=3829

  4.       Two new network-savvy GGF Groups profiled   [20']
    * The Firewall Issues RG
    * The Telco CG
  5.     Discussion of the public review comments received on "Survey of L4
protocols other than Vanilla TCP" [20']

[10' break]

  6.       Grid Network Services Use Cases                  [20']
https://forge.gridforum.org/docman2/ViewProperties.php?group_id=53&category_id=750&document_content_id=3836

  7.       Grid Network Services Architecture                [30']
Admela Jukan has made substantial changes to this Draft. What's new. What's
next. Discussion.
https://forge.gridforum.org/docman2/ViewProperties.php?group_id=53&category_id=750&document_content_id=3833

  8.       Short guest presentations      `                  [20']
    * Secure multi-domain lightpath setup/repair in the Supercomputing 2004
Demonstrator, Bas van Oudenaarde, Madhav Srimadh, Inder Monga, based on
Individual Draft Submission at
https://forge.gridforum.org/docman2/ViewProperties.php?group_id=53&category_id=807&document_content_id=3839

    * Others?

-franco