[ghpn-wg] Suggestions for draft-ggf-ghpn-netserv-2

Michael Welzl michael.welzl at uibk.ac.at
Wed Jun 22 13:43:57 CDT 2005

Hi,

> > # pg 5 pa 6, # pg 6 pa 1, 2, 3, 4
> > ... all this is a repetition of previous text!
> >

> Do you mean Section 2.1? If so, do you mean it should be deleted,
> shortened or rephrased?
> This text does sound a bit introductory, but it is definitely different
> from the intro itself. (or, I am missing the point.)

Yep, section 2.1. In the version I printed, the last paragraph on
page 5 is exactly the same as the first paragraph on the same page, and
the next four paragraphs (1-4 on page 6) are exactly the same as
paragraphs 2-5 on page 5.

It looks like a copy-one-paste-twice type of error to me  :-)

> > pg 7 fig 3: I would change (b), as it doesn't reflect the horizontal
> > nature of interactions at all - in fact, it looks quite vertical. There
> > are no interactions between NS and grid services (or other NS's) shown.
> >

> Maybe the Figure does not reflect the "horizontal" nature of the
> concept very well, but it is in my opinion needed as an alternative to
> the "vertical" paradigm of Grid-network interactions. Think of it as
> network running internally within the Grid service, e.g. such as
> virtualizing a distributed machine (over network).

Absolutely! I definitely didn't mean to say that it should be removed!!!
- but I think that it should be changed to show the horizontal aspect
more clearly.

Cheers,
Michael