[ghpn-wg] Preliminary GGF15 agenda

Franco Travostino franco.travostino at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 16:44:28 CDT 2005

Given what I currently know of the Drafts, I'm still debating whether
we should be reserving one or two 90' sessions.  I kindly request the
Draft Editors and Authors to flag me whether they expect to a) have a
new draft issued and/or b) plan to make it to Boston to present their
material. Point a) is not necessarily a pre-requisite for b). Given
that in Chicago I presented most of their material, it's quite likely
that I didn't do justice to the strong production (1 new draft, 2
draft revisions) that we had back then --- an expanded re-run might
be quite useful.

As usual, the last ~30 minutes are reserved for short presentations
on efforts with GHPN relevance and within GHPN scope --- e.g., new
initiatives, draft proposals, ideas for new RG/WGs, specific Grid
network services. If you wish to present, please send an abstract of
your material to the chairs and/or this list before August 31st.

In addition to the regular GHPN program, I want to call your
attention to two events of relevance to this community:
    * a 60' lecture on Provisioning & Managing a Switching
Infrastructure as a Grid Resource, by Yaron Haviv, Voltaire,
tentatively scheduled for Wednesday October 5th as part of the
Community Program;
    * the 2nd IEEE/Create-Net GridNets 2005 workshop on October 6-7
in Boston (http://gridnets.org/2005/). GridNets is a forum for
peer-reviewed research papers on networks for Grid applications. This
event is NOT associated with GGF. Same city but different venue,
different dates (albeit adjacent dates), and different admission fee
structure.

====
Grid High Performance Networking Research Group (GHPN-RG)

Tentative Agenda

  1.       Agenda Bashing and Administrivia                 [5']

  2.       GHPN overview. Progress against milestones [10']

  3.       Grid Network Services Use Cases                  [15']
https://forge.gridforum.org/docman2/ViewProperties.php?group_id=53&category_id=750&document_content_id=3836

  4.       Grid Optical Burst Switched Networks           [30']
A new GHPN Draft exploring some unique Grid+OBS features and opportunities
https://forge.gridforum.org/docman2/ViewProperties.php?group_id=53&category_id=750&document_content_id=3829

  5.       Grid Network Services Architecture                [45']
Admela Jukan has made substantial changes to this Draft. What's new.
What's next. Discussion.
https://forge.gridforum.org/docman2/ViewProperties.php?group_id=53&category_id=750&document_content_id=3833

  6.       Short presentations      `                       [30']

    * TBD

-franco