[GFS-WG] GFS session at OGF23

Osamu Tatebe tatebe at cs.tsukuba.ac.jp
Thu May 1 19:45:49 CDT 2008

Hi all,

At OGF22, we had four presentations about file catalog from
EGEE, SDSC, Naregi, and UVa.  At OGF23, we would like to discuss
more about RNS interoperability issues and file catalog
standardization.

So far, we discussed the following metadata in the context of
GFS Naming Profile;

Checksum
ChecksumType
ChildCount	# of subentries
Discription
Complete	identifies whether or not the file or filesystem source
		targetted by thie entry is complete
MutableSource	identifies whether or not the file or filesystem source
		targetted by this entry can change
ReadOnly	identifies whether or not a local copy of the data
		should be locally read-only
ReplicaCopy	identifies whether or not the file or filesystem source
		targetted by this entry is a replica copy
Size
ModificationTime
Version

and some porttype about iterator for directory listing.

If you require some other metadata and operations that should be
included in the profile, please talk about them at the GFS-WG
session.

GFS-WG session is currently scheduled from 11a to 12:30p on Wed,
June 4.  I would like to call for presentations about above issues.
If you are interested, please let us know.

Thanks,
Osamu