[GFS-WG] RNS 1.1 and misc other documents

Osamu Tatebe tatebe at cs.tsukuba.ac.jp
Sat Feb 28 16:31:21 CST 2009

Hi all,

Another issue is found related to supports-rns feature.

It is used to identify the endpoint is RNS entry or not.
When creating a virtual directory, RNS dynamically creates
it and set yes to it.  In this case, RNS knows this entry
is RNS entry since it is created by oneself.  However,
when adding an RNS entry that was already created by another
RNS, how to specify it is the RNS entry or not.

AddRequestType includes entry-name, entry-endpoint and
entry-metadata.  When entry-endpoint is not specified, RNS
creates a virtual directory.  This case is OK.

When entry-endpoint is specified RNS creates a junction to
entry-endpoint.  Since there is no way to specify the type of
entry-endpoint, it is not known the entry is RNS entry or not.

There seems to be at least two solutions.

1) we accept supports-rns in entry-metadata.  supports-rns is
not settable by user, but the RNS accept this as a hint.

2) add another element to identify the entry is RNS or not.

Since the first solution does not require the schema change,
we think the first one seems to be better than the second.

Also, updated WSDLs are attached.  They entends
GetMultipleResourceProperties.

Thanks,
Osamu