[GFS-WG] Software Development for GFS, data grids (Telecon on Wednesday)

Arun Jagatheesan arun at sdsc.edu
Fri Apr 20 16:33:42 CDT 2007

We are starting the public calls for GFS software development efforts. You
are welcome to contribute or ensure that your existing software also gets
standardized. As discussed in earlier OGF-GFS meetings, the idea is to
design and develop an interface that could lead to the standardization with
community participation.

In this session, we will make announcement and discuss on:
- Logical resources and logical namespace used in our architecture
- pre-release XML Schema for DGMS based on GFS and proposed Java API
- Hybrid protocol (XML and binary) for data management to be used by GFS
client and GFS servers
- How existing vendor products and other software could interface with this
common software

DATE and TIME:
- Proposed Date for this call is 25th (Wednesday)
- Proposed time is 4:00 PM Pacific Time [8:00 AM in Japan on Thursday]
- The calling number, video-conference ip and Skype details will be provided
soon.

Cheers,
Arun
~~~~~~~~~
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

Arun Jagatheesan
http://www.sdsc.edu/~arun/
San Diego Supercomputer Center.
(858)822.5452