[gfs-wg] GFS pre-GFS 18 call

Arun Jagatheesan arun at sdsc.edu
Fri Aug 18 18:39:07 CDT 2006

All:
You must be aware of the merger between GGF and Enterprise Grid Alliance
(EGA) to form the Open Grid Forum (OGF). We continue our work on Grid File
System and look forward to collaborating with our new members.

The Grid File System WG continues to work on providing standard interface
definitions for Grid File System.
This includes:
- Extensions to Resource Namespace
- Definition of Grid Profile
- Architecture of Grid File System
- Leveraging or collaborating on other standards (from IETF, SNIA etc)

We plan to setup a conference call  to prepare for the GFS-18 (can also be
attended using VTC polycom). The call is possibly held this Wednesday 4:30
PM - California time (Japan: Thursday Morning  8:30 AM). We are also trying
to determine a time for our near future bi-weekly calls. If you plan  on
attending, please let me know your preferred time. We will provide more
details of the telecon based on people who want to attend (and their time
zones).

Cheers,
Arun
~~~~~~~~~
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

Arun Jagatheesan
http://www.sdsc.edu/~arun/
San Diego Supercomputer Center.
(858)822.5452