[gfs-wg] GGF14 Session Minutes & RNS comments

Osamu Tatebe o.tatebe at aist.go.jp
Tue Jul 12 21:40:09 CDT 2005

Thanks for the revised document.

Regarding alias junction, 'TargePath' may be changed when one of
parent directories is moved or renamed even if 'AliasCount' of the
moved directory is zero since 'TargetPath' is a pathname to the
target.

For example, here is a directory tree;

               / \
              b   c

b is an alias junction that points to c.  In this case, TargetPath of
b is '../a/c'.  When a is moved to aa, the TargetPath should be
changed to '../aa/c' even if AliasCount of aa is zero.

This is actually a side effect when we change TargetPath from OID to
pathname.  I think this is the last major issue.

Let's have a conference call next week.  Arun, can you set up this?

Thanks,
Osamu