[gf-chairs] International phone conferences: experience gathering

Olle Mulmo mulmo at pdc.kth.se
Fri Aug 5 06:56:24 CDT 2005

Dear all,

I would like to hear from you about your experiences with different
technologies and service providers that you have encountered/used when
setting up phone conferences for your WG/RG. In particular, I would
like to know about the really good ones and the really bad ones. This
would be a great bit of feedback to give to new chairs and others that
have not yet found their way through the jungle of conference call
offerings that are out there.

Some data points I'd like to know about:

- Service provider
   (URL)
- Scalability
   (limitations in # of lines)
- Ease of use
   (how easy is it to set up/reschedule/extend/cancel a call)
- Robustness
   (noise/echo/cut-offs/...)
- Cost for the organizer
   (fees)
- Cost for the participant
   (dial-in options, support for local "800 numbers" in various
    countries, ...)

Please send any experiences you would wish to share to me and/or the
list, and I'll summarize.

Thanks,

/Olle