[gesa-wg] Group to close?

Jon MacLaren maclaren at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Jun 28 19:59:11 CDT 2005

All,

The GESA-WG has been "hibernating" since shortly after GGF10.  At
that time we talked to our ADs, Jenny Schopf and Bill Nitzberg, and
agreed we'd re-evaluate the status of the group at GGF14.
Coincidentally, John Tollesfrud and Hiro Kishimoto (our new ADs since
the GGF re-org put us into the Management area) called an area
meeting which has just closed.  We discussed the options for the group.

These are the choices we came up with:

1. The group closes immediately.

2. Someone steps forward ready to chair and drive this effort forward
(neither myself nor Steven Newhouse are prepared to do this).

3. We put the use-case document forward to the GGF editor, and keep
the group alive until it's passed the public comment period.  After
that, the group closes.

I don't know if there's anyone out there.  You, who are reading this
now, what do you think?  Please, let us know - a last burst of
activity on the list...

The use-case document, by the way, was "finished" by GGF7 (version
7).  It was never submitted to the editor, but reached a good state,
and could go forward to the editor after a simple proof-reading.
It's still online:

         http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~sjn5/GGF/draft-ggf-gesa-use-
cases-01-7.pdf

It would be good to hear from you.