[fs-bof] Financial services API Working Group BoF

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Sun May 13 05:52:29 CDT 2007

Hi Adam,

Thank you very much for your excellent presentation at the workshop
and thoughtful opinions on financial services activities.

Although OGF has set-up a BoF mailing, it is *not* a formal working
group yet. Bird-of-feather (BoF) is a vehicle for gauging interest
and readiness of the group.

It is very possible to use private consortia in London to define FS
API (at least version 1.0), since they already start working, it can
be the fastest way.

However, I think they can get the following benefits from OGF:
- Utilize multiple technical expertises in Grid Computing, they can
   use a part of existing API specification if they like.
- Save time to establish IPR agreement by using existing ones.
- Leverage OGF's recognition of well-known established open standards
   development organization.

Thanks,
----
Hiro Kishimoto