[fi-rg] Meeting materials from GGF18 + document in public comment

Inder Monga imonga at nortel.com
Thu Sep 14 08:19:22 CDT 2006

Dear All,

We had a very engaging session on Firewalls in GGF 18 with our first
document in public comment, MIDCOM chair presenting from IETF,
kick-starting the work on the solutions document and research
presentations on new proposed solutions. Thanks Ralph, Melinda, Thijs
and Jeff.

We had some good discussion on Virtualizing the Firewall and making it a
Grid-managed resource. There is still active discussion that needs to
happen on what that entails -- we are soliciting presentations on that
topic for the next GGF.

The presentations from the meeting is uploaded to the FI-RG gridforge
site under Meeting materials. The link is:
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/docman/do/listDocuments/projects.fi-rg/doc
man.root.meeting_materials.ggf18?_message=1158239811367

NOTE: our first document is in public comment. So please step up and
submit comments  to the document even if you have nothing you would like
to change -- in which case please ensure the OGF editor knows that you
have read the document and that you like it the way it is.
http://www.ggf.org/gf/docs/?public_comment

Thijs will be sending more information on the solution document and the
wiki methods soon.

Look forward to all of your participation,

Thanks,
Inder