[fi-rg] Agenda FI-RG

Leon Gommans lgommans at science.uva.nl
Thu Sep 7 08:00:39 CDT 2006

Please note that the FI-RG session has been scheduled
Wednesday sept. 13th from 4.00 PM - 5.30 PM in room 158A-B

Please also note that our first document is in public comment, so
please feel free to comment.

Go to: http://www.ggf.org/gf/docs/?public_comment

In an effort to create closer ties with the IETF, Inder and I
are are pleased to announce a talk by Melinda Shore. Melinda
is chair of the IETF Middlebox Communication Working Group
and she will update us on the developments regarding firewalls
within the IETF. This will lead up to a presentation and discussion
on the content of our next document(s) on solutions and possible
issues with the current standards and technologies. Such a document
could be useful as input to the IETF. As the editor, Thijs Metsch
will present and discuss idea's on the outline of our next document.

Finally Ralph Niederberger will present experimental results on
solutions for Firewalls and Grids.

We therefore would like to propose the following agenda:

4.00 Introduction, IPR, FNT - Leon Gommans, Inder Monga.
4.05 Issues document update and status - Ralph Niederberger
4.10 IETF Firewall state of art & discussion - Melinda Shore
4.40 Solutions document presentation & discussion - Thijs Metsch
5.10 Firewalls and Grids - Experimental solution ideas - Ralph Niederberger

Feel free to comment.

Hope to see you all in Washington next week.

Kind regards .. Leon & Inder.