[fi-rg] Request to join the research of the FI-RG

Thijs.Metsch at dlr.de Thijs.Metsch at dlr.de
Mon Oct 9 04:31:41 CDT 2006

Hi @all,

Let me first introduce me as the new editor of the next documents for
the Firewall Issue Research Group. In these next documents we want to
address the following topics:

- Requirements Analyses -

In our first documents we pointed out several use cases which showed
that firewalls are a problem in Grids. The next step is to put down the
requirements mankind has when using Grids in firewalled environments.

- Existing solutions -

We would like to summarize existing solutions to solve firewall issue.
This includes the analyses of the solutions and the possible porting
issue when using them in Grids.

- New Solutions -

As a second topic we want to talk about new upcoming solutions like
Protocols, Proxies or similar. Afterwards we'll have a look if they meet
the requirements stated above.

For all those points stated above we would like to invite you to post
your ideas to our wiki. The wiki can be found here:
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.fi-rg/wiki/HomeP
age. Please feel free to join in and help us on our next documents! A
help on how to use the wiki can also be found on the gridforge site. For
those who already posted a solution: could you put them in the wiki?

Please feel free to send this email around to all people (Especially
firewall vendors) who might be interested in this topic.

Greetings from Germany,

-Thijs

---
Thijs Metsch
Deutsches Zentrum fuer Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
Simulations- und Softwaretechnik (SISTEC) Koeln-Porz
Tel: (02203) 601-3859   http://www.dlr.de/sc
Fax: (02203) 601-3070   mailto:thijs.metsch at dlr.de