[egr-rg] Please submit your usecase

Robert Cohen bcohen at bway.net
Wed Jun 1 08:11:15 CDT 2005

Dear EGR-RG,

This is a very interesting use case. It would be more useful if there
was a section that allowed the person posting it to explore some of the
benefits of using grids in more detail.

As it now is written, there are changes mentioned that appear to be very
helpful to the firm. It also appears that some of the benefits may not
be attained immediately, but are expected at some point in the next year
or two.

If there was a section that allowed a person preparing a case to discuss
the impacts of using grids in more detail and to explore what the firm
believes will be the longer term benefits of grids that would improve
this case study (and others). It would also provide a place in the case
study where the preparer could do more to compare the impact on the firm
using traditional computer systems and grids.

Is it possible to consider amending or modifying the structure of the
case studies so that an impact section can be included?

Bob Cohen