[dvdvol] Re: [gutvol-d] Project Gutenberg DVD Release Candidate now available for testing

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Tue Apr 13 00:32:53 PDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 10:45:39PM -0500, Aaron Cannon wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Finally, I have a release candidate of the new Gutenberg DVD available
> for testing.  Currently, it is only available via BitTorrent.  Please
> download and test, and let me know if you find any bugs.  At this
> point, I'm not looking for suggestions on which new titles to add, but
> any other feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks, Aaron. This is beautifully done - congratulations!

Has a link checker been run on this?  I quickly found a missing
file via file:///PGDVD_2010_04_RC1/etext/3002.html
and wonder whether some filetypes or other content might not
have made it.

I am really impressed at the number of titles!

I have temporarily put the ISO here:
  http://pglaf.org/PGDVD201004-RC1/
 ...but don't try to download via HTTP unless you have a
fast 'net connection.  Use the .torrent instead.

And you can browser the disc contents here (fast connection not needed):
  http://pglaf.org/PGDVD201004-RC1/content/

Thanks again!  I will confirm this burns onto a DL DVD.
  -- Greg