[dvdvol] Status of the project

Aaron Cannon cannona at fireantproductions.com
Tue Oct 12 19:43:17 PDT 2004

Hello all.  Sorry I have been mysteriously absent for the past several
days.  I have been hard at work on final exams and getting CDs and DVDs
mailed.  Finals are over Thursday, so you'll undoubtedly hear more from me
at that time.

Nevertheless, I did want to let you all know that the queue that only one
month ago was a mind boggling 400+ requests long has now been slashed to
just under 50 requests.  This has only been possible because of the
tireless efforts of our current mailers Barbara, Brandon, Eric and
Scott.  Thanks guys and gal.  I really appreciate the help and it would not
have been possible without all of you.

I hope to have the remaining fifty in the mailbox by the middle of next week.

So, that begs the question, now that we have eliminated the queue and this
group has been organized, what next?  Do we sit back and take a
breather?  Should we concentrate our efforts on getting the discs into the
hands of more people who wouldn't otherwise know to request a copy?  Should
we work on updating the current DVD or CD images?  Is it too soon to start
thinking about creating a DVD-9 image?  Basically, I'm interested to hear
every ones view on where we should go.

Thank you all for your help with this project or for your interest.  Truly
we are involved in something amazing.  We are giving away over 9,000 books
every time we mail a DVD, and over 600 books with every CD.  Many of these
discs are going to third-world countries where they are being used in
libraries, schools, and private homes.  We've sent out nearly a thousand
DVDs and many of those have been duplicated and passed out locally.  It's
difficult to think of a greater gift we could give the world than books.

I apologize for waxing corny, but it just strikes me with awe when I think
about what we are doing.

Anyway, let's kick these topics around a little, and see where we want to
take this thing.

Sincerely
Aaron Cannon

E-mail: cannona at fireantproductions.com