[dvdvol] updates to the CD Project Page

Aaron Cannon cannona at fireantproductions.com
Sat Oct 2 23:56:01 PDT 2004

I see Greg and I think alike.  I just finished working on some possible
changes to the CD and DVD Project Page at gutenberg.org.  I haven't added
my changes to the actual page yet, however.  I would appreciate any
feedback.  You can see the updated page at
http://www.gutenberg.org/cdproject/test.php .  I'm especially interested in
comments on the page layout.  Obviously, being blind, I don't have much of
an eye for kin esthetics. :)  The only section I updated was the part about
how to request a free disc.

After writing all that, I'm wondering if it wouldn't just be a whole lot
easier to use a web form.  I have a sample form setup for taking a persons
request.  Anyone who would care to test it (I.E. attempt to get it to choke
on a bad entry or similar) is welcome to do so.  Just write "test" or
something similar in the comments field, so I'll know to ignore
them.  Also, if you test with a fake e-mail address, make sure it's
something that's not likely to be valid and owned by someone, as the
program does generate automatic replies.  Finally, please note that you
will only be able to test with each E-mail address once, because the
program screens out duplicate requests from the same address.

The forms are at http://gutenberg.org/testing/dvdreq-int.html for the
international form and http://gutenberg.org/testing/dvdreq-usa.html for the
US only form.  Have fun.

Sincerely