[DRMAA-WG] DRMAAv2 C binding - "DRMAA2_TRUE64"?

Peter Tröger peter at troeger.eu
Thu May 24 04:08:43 EDT 2012

> Any comments, esp. the DRMAA2_DATA_SEG_SIZE issue?

The current list of supported resource restrictions did not came from application needs in the first place, but from what is reasonably supported in the majority of DRM / OS systems. Are heap restrictions widely supported  ?

Another point is that the list was agreed as part of the root specification, so we need to have extremely good arguments to remove or add stuff. Fixing naming issues ("TRUE64") is one thing, but semantic changes of the API are another one.

> And if we need to talk about them, when is the next DRMAA call?? (I
> attended a few of the DRMAA phone conferences when DanT was
> representing Sun Grid Engine, and my understanding is that we now use
> Skype as Oracle is not sponsoring the 1800 phone conferences anymore.)

Phone conferences are suspended until we have a need for them. This will most likely be the case when the public comment period for the C binding is over. You will get an announcement on the mailing list.

Best regards,
Peter.