[DRMAA-WG] drmaa and persistent job handles

Peter Tröger peter at troeger.eu
Thu Feb 9 10:18:28 EST 2012

Hi Todd,

you might have seen the announcement about DRMAAv2 becoming an official OGF standard.
'Old DRMAA' had the problem you described. DRMAAv2 has a concept of session persistency, which leads to the demanded reusability of job identifiers.

The workaround for 'old DRMAA' was to assume that job identifiers remain valid between sessions. For all implementations I know, this is a valid assumption, since the DRM system identifiers are used as DRMAA job identifiers.

Best regards,
Peter.

P.S.: We have a strong interested in DRMAAv2 adoption for Condor. Please contact me if you see a change to make that happen.