[DRMAA-WG] other IDL issues

Mariusz Mamoński mamonski at man.poznan.pl
Wed Jun 22 06:18:12 CDT 2011

On 22 June 2011 12:37, Daniel Gruber <dgruber at univa.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've following findings:
>
> * MUTLITHREADING safety should be a capabilty since it is implementation specific. Also
>  source code portability requires it.
>
> * latex format error in line 364
>
> * 1511: getAllReservations(): "This method returns the list of all DRMS advance reservations
>  accessible for the user running the DRMAA-based application."
>
>  Please make clear that "accessible" does not necessarly mean "usable". Maybe "visible"
>  is a better wording.
>
> * ReservationTemplate(): maxSlots is only supportable with PEs (parallel environments).
>  Same for jobs, they need a PE in order to request more than 1 slot. While in the JobTemplate
>  this is made *very* explicit, that one might need request a job category this is not mentioned
>  in the ReservationTemplate. Therefore I propose to add
>
>      string JobCategory;
>
>  in the ReservationTemplate in order to be consistent with the multiple slots request
>  approach. The JobCategory in the spec could be renamed to Category if needed.

this is fine with me, but lets call it ReservationCategory or
Category, not JobCategory.

>  Anyhow it would be good to add multiple category strings - but this is going to be an
>  implementation specific enhancement if needed.

i'm not sure if i understood you correctly but i don't think that any
implementation can change this attribute from scalar to vector, as
this would brake binary compatibility. We should decide globally if we
want the jobCategory to be string or vector of strings.

> Cheers,
>
> Daniel

Cheers,
--