[DRMAA-WG] Mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code

Peter Tröger peter at troeger.eu
Tue Jan 4 02:53:19 CST 2011

Dear all,

in order to foster the development of an independent DRMAAv2 reference implementation, I got the idea of finding a DRMAA-related mentoring organization for the Google Summer of Code:

http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2010/faqs#mentoring_orgs

OGF itself does not release open source software, so it's no feasible candidate for a new mentoring organization. I have good contacts to the Python Software Foundation, so there would be a chance to position a DRMAAv2 Python binding implementation topic under their umbrella.

Any other ideas ?

Best,