[DRMAA-WG] Meeting minutes - Conference call - May 26th - 19:00 UTC

Peter Tröger peter at troeger.eu
Thu May 27 08:01:50 CDT 2010

Participants: Dan T, Dan G., Roger, Mariusz, Peter

> In case the phone conference facility is not working, we meet in the following video chat at TokBox:
>
> http://www.tokbox.com/conf/cowkc0i1275vyezg

Dan already provided an updated phone number or the next meeting, we will additionally use the TokBox video facility for interested participants.

> 4. JobTemplate structuring proposals

Discussion of Mariusz proposals:

http://fury.man.poznan.pl/~mmamonski/wiki/index.php/DRMAAv2/JobTemplate_-_Bindings

- General agreement that we want a job template (JT) struct type in DRMAA-C for 2.0
- Decision that applications should be able to interface multiple DRMAA libraries from one source code
	- Known examples from DRMAA 1.0 world - meta schedulers
	- Using implementation-specific JT attributes should not lead to compilation errors then - Option II by Mariusz is out
- Option III is a good candidate - one standardized JT attribute which contains all impl.-specific attribute values as dictionary
	- Leads to the question how this is different from native specification
	- Majority decision that this makes nativeSpecification attribute obsolete
		- DRMAA implementors are then enforced to model all their native features in according impl.-specific attributes of the JT
		- Frees implementation from parsing and analyzing the native specification
		- Seems to be reasonable for SGE (list of qsub options), Condor (universe specification) and PBS / LSF (maps nativeSpecification anyway to parameter dictionary)

> 5. Other open issues

- ISC starts in Hamburg this Saturday, Dan is there and would be able to do some DRMAA F2F work
- Plan for big final F2F meeting in Potsdam, organized by Peter, somewhere around July / August