[DRMAA-WG] Load average interval ?

Daniel Templeton daniel.templeton at oracle.com
Fri Mar 26 14:32:04 CDT 2010

I meant from the monitoring side.  Even reporting the number of
simultaneously available slots in SGE isn't particularly useful.  To
understand the meaning of the slot count, you have to understand the
configuration of the scheduler, and that is clearly out of bounds for DRMAA.

For the submission of a parallel job, the concept of slots is not really
required.  Parallel jobs just need to specify how many slaves there are
and where they should run (i.e. how many per machine).  How that relates
to slots in the DRMS is unimportant.

I get that it would be nice to be able to expose slots in a useful way
via DRMAA, but I'm doubtful that it's possible.  Just like queues, the
meaning (or really application) of slots is too DRM-specific.

Daniel