[DRMAA-WG] Treat job templates as value types ?

Daniel Templeton daniel.templeton at oracle.com
Wed Mar 24 08:09:56 CDT 2010

Andre,

Don't worry about being biased.  I'm unabashedly SGE-biased. :)

Unfortunately, though, what you proposed is what we're already
discussing.  It's the problem, not the solution.  We're trying to have a
consistent API across OO and non-OO languages.  The issue goes away if
we just add "except in C" to the description.

Andre does bring up a valid point, though, which is that we really could
just special-case the non-OO languages, just like we did in v1.  Or,
like I said before, we could leave the template management to the
implementation, scoped to the session, with an overflow value of being
allowed to free templates as needed.

Daniel