[DRMAA-WG] Latest changes

Mariusz Mamoński mamonski at man.poznan.pl
Wed Mar 3 12:31:20 CST 2010

2010/2/15 Peter Tröger <peter at troeger.eu>:
> Hi,
>
> the advanced reservation proposal from Mariusz is now part of the DRMAAv2 spec draft:
>
> http://wikis.sun.com/display/DRMAAv2/DRMAAv2+API
>
> I only omitted the separate ReservationInfo interface - the machine specific part (such as used slot count) became part of the (anyway existing) MachineMonitoring interface.

I will insist on keeping this information part of the ReservationInfo
interface. User (or other consuming system) may wish to know which
exactly hosts were reserved (with information how many slots/processes
were reserved on given host). This is similar concept to the
masterMachine/slaveMachines in the JobInfo interface. I would suggest
one of the following:

1. define interface AllocatedHostInfo with two attributes machineName
(String) numberOfProc (long) and use it in the executionMachines
(aggregation of masterMachine/slaveMachine) in JobInfo interface and
in the reservedMachines (part of the ReservationInfo interface).

2. keep the executionMachines and reservedMachines as simple ordered
String list and repeat each hostname as many times as number of procs
allocated on each host (so we have something similar to plain
machinefile known from MPI)

In both cases we can request that the first host in list is the "masterMachine"

> I also added the new file staging attribute, and (even more important) deleted the crappy DRMAAv1 file transfer idea. So long, FileTransferMode enumeration ...
>
> Best,
> Peter.

Mariusz