[DRMAA-WG] misssing exceptions and thread safety

Mon Mar 1 07:48:02 CST 2010

The atomicity has to be managed at the DRM layer.  The suspend call has
to operate like a test and set operation.  If the suspend operation
doesn't return notification whether the job was already suspended, then
the DRMAA implementation can't report it via an exception.  There is,
however, no need to make the exception explicitly optional.  Exceptions
are by definition optional.

Daniel