[DRMAA-WG] conf call minutes - Jan. 6th 2010

Daniel Gruber D.Gruber at Sun.COM
Thu Jan 7 03:16:20 CST 2010

Attendees:

Peter Troeger
Dan Templeton
Roger Brobst
Marius
Daniel Gruber

1. Meeting secretary for this meeting?

Daniel Gruber

2. Report from SAGA / DRMAA F2F meeting, discussion of issues

- 2 days
- how to align DRMAA for use within SAGA
- SAGA has DRMAA1 adapter (interface for interacting with different DRMS)

See DRMAAv2 draft 6:

page 6: Job signaling:
-> we don't support that (we are interested in issue operations
and not signals)

page 8: Thread safety (because all SAGA calls can be asynchronous)
-> one distinguished section for each function about multithreading

page 8: Event enumeration: OK

page 8: History: OK (how to store?)?

page 9: Merge exceptions: OK

page 10: Change of other state changes (not just job state changes)
-> all should be optional
-> still open!!!

page 10: Job Session: Identification by name: OK but we have to
                      discuss the semantics

page 10: getJob(String): OK (added)

page 10: return not just job objects, but also jobs as Strings
         (performance/scalability): OK

page 11: EventNotification: stays session based because of performance/
         scalability

page 12: Job template for interactive jobs:
-> no valid use case
-> out of scope
-> not all DRMS support that

File staging: SAGA supports that (sequence of strings)
- security?
- is it DRM stuff?
- Condor -> supports file staging
- LSF/PBS pro