[DRMAA-WG] Conference call - Feb 17th - Meeting minutes

Mon Feb 22 08:38:31 CST 2010

Sorry for dropping off the planet there.  This PM stuff is a lot of work. ;)

 From the SGE perspective, the merger is less intuitive.  With SGE
there's no way to recover from a running job what its submission options
were.  You can only see the tangible effects of those options.  Not to
say it's not possible to implement from DRMAA, just that it's a foreign
concept.

Also, with SGE submission options can come from a variety of places.
The users and administrators can set up options to automatically be
added to or removed from some or all job submissions.  Not a
show-stopped, but it definitely muddies the waters.

I would still vote that instead of merging the job template into the job
info object, that the job info object just keep a copy of the job
template.  Cleaner interface, same effect.

Daniel